Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Go Red Tablesetting Contest Winner


I'm so excited to announce the winner of the Go Red For Women Tabletop Contest! First, though, I'd like to thank each and every one of you who entered. Your tables were lovely, your stories heart-warming, and I was touched to see how many of you also care about heart health in women. Thank you again for sharing!

Grand Prize Winner



The Grand Prize winner is Dawn Grisham! Dawn shared her story with me:

"February is certainly the perfect month to raise awareness of good heart health. With Valentine's Day right in the middle, red hearts are everywhere!

When my children were little we always celebrated Valentine's Day with a tea party. We had a large decorated 'Valentine Mail Box.' In the week before Valentine's Day, we would all fill the box with handmade valentines, treats, and small gifts. The highlight of every tea party was delivering the mail. That and the always present large, heart-shaped chocolate cake!

Fast forward and a couple years ago, on Valentine's Day, I introduced my youngest daughter (in her 20's) to a real grown-up tea. I set the table with her great grandmother's china and served cucumber sandwiches, scones, fresh fruit, and miniature heart-shaped cakes with ganache frosting. Much to my delight, she fell in love with afternoon tea! I gifted her great grandmother's china.

Since then we've shared many wonderful teas together. Sometimes at local tea houses, sometimes in new cities when traveling. But our favorite thing to do is bake up a batch of scones, make a plate (or two) or tea sandwiches, set the coffee table with elegant china, each grab a seat, and put in one of our favorite girly movies like "Pride & Prejudice" or "The Holiday." Sunday afternoon well spent!

These pictures were taken last year at our Valentine's Day tea party. Once again, great grandma's china graces the table. I love vintage valentines and used copies for place cards. Pictured are my daughter and son-in-law."

What a wonderful story! Not only is her table lovely, but she shares the same favorite movies as me! I love that she's shared her tradition and love of afternoon tea with the next generation. Dawn will be receiving the entire French Linens collections, a set of the Vintage Glass Goblets in clear, and a signed copy of my book, Coming Home: A Seasonal Guide to Creating Family Traditions.

As I mentioned earlier, it was very hard picking only one winner, so I wanted to acknowledge the runners up! They will also be receiving a signed copy of my book.

  • Dimitra Gaitani
  • Bryan D. Harber
  • Nihal Kavici
  • Donna Richardson

Thank you all for your creativity! And a big thanks again to all those who entered!

Warmly,




www.rosannainc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment