The holidays mean lots of gathering of friends and of course lots of delicious food! One holiday favorite is of course pie. Apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie - whatever your personal favorite, you might have some extra pie dough sitting around. Instead of throwing it out, try my recipe for Cinnamon Crust!
This was my favorite treat as a child. When my mother made pies, she'd let me use the scraps of dough to make a delicious cinnamon-sugar pastry. My children and husband love this part of the pie. They gobble it down within minutes after it has cooled.
Pie dough scraps
- Roll out the dough, in whatever shape; it can be misshapen. Place the dough in a small pie plate.
- Put small pats of butter al over the dough, then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Fold the edges up to make an envelope.
- Dot with more butter and dust the top with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the sugar is bubbling.
- Let cool, cut into small wedges, and enjoy!
For a delicious pie dough recipe, try My Mom's Extra-Flaky Pie Crust Dough.
I hope everyone has a lovely holiday!