Nothing is better than a change of scenery and some quality girl time to melt away the stresses of work and the hustle and bustle of life. This past weekend I spent time with my daughter and some of my closest girlfriends at our beach house on the Oregon Coast. We walked on the beach, we cooked great meals, we talked, we laughed, and we made new memories.
Girl time is about pampering, laughter, fun, conversation, dinners and drinks -- it's a complete escape from the daily routine, a time to focus on yourself and your friends. I always return from girls' weekends with sore cheeks, a fatter stomach and a fuller heart. Most of all I return grateful for the gift of friendship and for my husband and children.
Even if the time and money doesn't allow a whole weekend away, try just a mini retreat close to home. Here are some ideas:
1) Have a mini spa day--manicures, pedicures and facials
2) Try a new restaurant
3) Go to the theater, a concert or the museum
4) Have a sleep over at one of your friend’s house
5) Plan a day out enjoying nature
6) Do something adventurous (go skiing, hiking, snowboarding)
7) Volunteer to do some charity work together
8) Go to the Farmer’s Market, gather fresh ingredients, and enjoy cooking a great meal together