Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Gifts for Grads

June. It is officially graduation season.

Whether you know someone who is graduating from sixth grade or receiving their Doctorate degree, the graduation gift is an integral part of the experience.

This year, my niece graduated from high school. I decided that because she is embarking on a new life in college, a perfect gift would be a set of monogrammed bath towels (for dorm showering), a set of my small Rosanna bowls and my globe victoriana vase filled with roses from my garden.

I liked this gift because it included a few essential items for life, like the towels and the bowls. My daughter Alessandra, who just finished her freshman year of college, took a set of the bowls with her this year and told me that she used them every day. Contrasted with these sundries, I wanted to include something more for fun: the flowers and vase. Going to college is the time when one starts to collect things for one's own home, whether they be a collection of every day dishes or a vase to grace a coffee table.

Congratulations to all of the graduates in your life,





www.rosannainc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment