Monday, September 14, 2009

Changing Of The Guard

I hate to admit it, but summer is over. School's started and we've made the official transition into fall. I'm always sad to say goodbye to those three beautiful summer months of slower living. Yet fall has its benefits too. For those of us with children going back to school, fall means the beginning of a new year. The fall marks a new year in a variety of religious faiths as well-- Judaism, Ethopian Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox, a sect of Hinduism, and even a Celtic-based pagan religion. Although the world is preparing itself for a long winter's sleep, this new season nonetheless provides us with a new chapter of life, and with an opportunity for reflection. 



As the leaves and light deepen to the rich gold and copper tones of Indian Summer, I've been doing some thinking myself. What do I want to focus on in this new stage of life? What's important? 

What's most important to me at this moment is getting back to basics. I want to nurture a sense of gratitude and enjoyment for the simple aspects that make me feel blessed, my children most of all. I try to stay mindful of small things I can do to enrich my life and encourage feelings of tranquility and contentment. It's just a matter of training my attention on the things I already have rather than the things I wish I had. This task is much easier said than done, but I find that when I truly devote myself to keeping this attitude, the outcome is well worth the effort.

Good luck with your new year. 




www.rosannainc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment