Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Coming Home" Coming Out Soon!

There's excitement in the air around our office these days. Though it's still a ways off, we're all anxiously awaiting the release of Coming Home, my new book by publishers Stewart, Tabori, & Chang in March 2010. A whole team of people have poured a tremendous amount of thought, energy, and care to make this book a reality. Through the process of putting my thoughts down to write this book, I learned so much. It has truly been a labor of love.

Coming Home is the book I've wanted to write ever since my mother passed away ten years ago. In it, I talk about the values she taught me. I use these lessons every day in designing tableware and making a beautiful life for my own family. I'm grateful and gratified that I had the opportunity to put it all down in words and express some of the things that are most important to me in this special way. 

Tradition, ritual, community, and beauty. The cornerstones of this book are the same ones Rosanna has always promoted as a company. The only difference here was that the book format provided me with a palette of creative expression very different from the tools I use when I design tableware. Sometimes the prospect of writing an entire book felt daunting, but the experience was always exciting. In these pages, you'll find some of my favorite recipes that I cook myself, tips on how to beautify your home in aesthetic and emotional ways, and a few peeks into my own family's rituals, traditions, and travels. I've written Coming Home as a seasonal guide in the hopes that organizing the book this way will help readers recognize how simple it can be to live well all year round. 
Keep your eye out for more updates here and on Rosannainc.com. I hope you're as excited as I am!




www.rosannainc.com

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh!! So excited about this! I LOVE your dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apron of the Month ClubSeptember 29, 2009 at 11:36 AM

    Rosanna,
    I can't wait for the book. Congratulations on getting it completed and soon released. I always look forward to new recipes.

    Sincerely, Yoli Kalkofen
    http://apronofthemonthclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how excited I am to get my hands on your book! 6 months to go - I will have to contain my excitement for quite a while! You will have to share some sneak peeks along the way:) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete