- Find a place to go that's close to home. Locate state parks, historic landmarks, and places of great beauty that are nearby.
- If you do decide to go away, find a house to rent, if possible. It will be more comfortable than a hotel and may end up being less expensive!
- If the weather isn't great, look for inexpensive matinees at local theatres.
- Wander through local museums and learn about your city's culture.
- Go to some local tourist spots or on a tour and see what all the fuss is about! Many times we ignore our town's tourist activities and hotspots - these are gems waiting to be explored.
- Host a potluck or outdoor BBQ at your home.
- Weather permitting, have a campout in your backyard with the kids.
- Be on the look out for local festivals and fairs.
- Attend an outdoor concert and bring a picnic.
- Invite grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins along for the fun, too!
To make your "staycations" feel more like the real thing, try sipping your tea or coffee out of one of my Travel mugs! I also offer matching plates. The Travel mugs and dishes celebrate some of the most intriguing cultures the world over and are reasonably priced. They're great for gifts, too!
Have a safe and fun-filled break!