Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Beach Bag Essentials

beach bag

It's summer, which means one thing for my family and me: the beach! We travel down to the Oregon Coast for long weekends, short vacations, and Independence Day celebrations at our home there. Days are spent lounging in the sand reading, frolicking in the water, and simply enjoying each other's company. Take a peek inside my beach bag for all my day-at-the-beach essentials.

Wide-Brimmed Hat - Great for keeping my face in the shade even when I'm enjoying the sun.
iPod - I keep it filled with jazz and classical music to aid in relaxation.
Sunscreen - A good sunscreen is one of the most important things to keep in your beach bag! This one is SPF 50 and contains no harmful ingredients.
Water Bottle - I like glass water bottles - they are naturally BPA-free and don't retain any of a drink's flavor.
Beach Towel - For relaxing in comfort.
Sunglasses - To keep the sun's harmful rays away from delicate eyes. My favorite sunglasses are from EyeBobs.
Camera - Many of my family's fondest memories occurred on the beach. I like to keep a camera handy just in case a new one should emerge!
Healthy Snacks - All that swimming and fun in the sun can leave you hungry. I like to pack healthy snacks like granola bars, fresh Oregon berries, and carrot sticks.
Baby Powder - For getting off stubborn sand!
A Great Book - The beach is one of my favorite places to read. This summer I'm reading La Seduction by Elaine Sciolino.
Lip Balm - Don't forget your lips when applying sunscreen! Choose a lip balm with SPF to keep burns and chapped lips at bay.
Waterproof Mascara - Who says you can't look a bit gussied up at the beach? Just remember to make sure your mascara is waterproof!
Sandals - Flip flops are great for easy on-and-off at the beach and these ones are stylish, too.
A Great Beach Bag - The Portico Pumpkin Bag is not only fashion-forward, but roomy enough to store not only your beach essentials, but treasures like shells and beautiful rocks found on beach walks.

Happy Summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment