Monday, July 30, 2007

Cucina Italiana


If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, or even just the past week, you may have picked up on a common theme that runs through the posts. Italy appears rather often. I’ll happily admit that I adore this country- the art and architecture, the people, the culture, the history, the fashion, the landscape, and

THE FOOD.

Italian cooking has been a part of my life since I was a little girl, and my Kansas-born mother learned to make the favorite foods of my father, an authentic Italian New Yorker. In my own home, olive oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese are permanent fixtures in our pantry, and pasta makes an appearance on almost every dinner menu.

Italian cooking doesn’t require obscure ingredients or complex recipes. It’s all about intuition and cooking by feel. However, if you are a cook with ambitions to explore the realm of Italian cooking, I direct you to Marcella Hazan. Marcella is credited with introducing America and Britain to traditional Italian cooking and has published six fabulous cookbooks.


I recommend starting at the beginning with Marcella’s first two, “The Classic Italian Cook Book: The Art of Italian Cooking and the Italian Art of Eating”, and "More Classic Italian Cooking." I also like the later published “Essentials of Classic Italian cooking.”

Good luck, or as they say in Italy, In Boca al Lupo- in the mouth of the wolf!










www.rosannainc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment